From the author:

From the Author:

I will not introduce myself.
I will not ask "How do?"
I will not wave, I will not bow,
Or shake a hand with you.

For I am not polite, my friend;
I have no social grace.
Like you, I have no manners,
And I never learned my place.

Instead I'll write a poem
And I'll put myself in verse,
And if you like the sound of me,
Well, THEN we might converse.

So read a line or two of me,
Or don't, if it's a chore,
But since you've read fifteen of me
I bet you'll read one more.


Click here to contact the author
(...or don't...he doesn't really trust emails from children. They can be sticky).

Friday 27 May 2011

Why Being Bad is Good

I always get in trouble,
And I’m told I MUST behave.
I tried it once or twice for fun,
And acted like a slave:
They say "Do this!” and “Don't do that!”
“Do only what you should!”
Well, I’m here today to stand and say
That being bad is good.

Some rules are kinda stupid.
Like you gotta ask to pee?
My bladder never thought to ask
If it’s ok with me!
Write naughty notes, and cut the line,
Go running through the halls.
You’ll find the sky is still up high
And never EVER falls.

Parents think they know what’s best,
And teachers rule the schools,
But who’s to say they’ve got it right
When no one breaks the rules?
If rules don’t make much sense to me,
I break them, like I should,
To see if they should go or stay,
Cause being bad is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment