From the author:

From the Author:

I will not introduce myself.
I will not ask "How do?"
I will not wave, I will not bow,
Or shake a hand with you.

For I am not polite, my friend;
I have no social grace.
Like you, I have no manners,
And I never learned my place.

Instead I'll write a poem
And I'll put myself in verse,
And if you like the sound of me,
Well, THEN we might converse.

So read a line or two of me,
Or don't, if it's a chore,
But since you've read fifteen of me
I bet you'll read one more.


Click here to contact the author
(...or don't...he doesn't really trust emails from children. They can be sticky).

Friday 27 May 2011

Grown-ups Are Stupid

A, B, A, B, R1, back.
That’s my favourite fist attack.
R1, B, B, rotate stick—
My spinal-crushing Dragon Kick.
I’m super-sonic mega fast
And cyber-strong with Atom Blast.
I know every trick and cheat;
Ain’t no baddie I can’t beat.

Ok, Uncle, you can try.
Just do your best; try not to die.
First you’ll need the Quasar Gun,
Then hit that pad for Alpha-Run.
Double-jump, then do a flip,
Find the secret hyper-ship.
That’s a hidden a portal there.
Can’t you see the cosmic tear?

That’s enough; you’ve had your turn.
Sometimes I think you’ll never learn.
You curse and sweat and thrash about,
You clumsy, awkward stupid lout!
Your hands are big, your fingers slow;
There’s just too much you’ll never know.
You think you’re big, you think you’re strong?
Don’t make me laugh; go play some Pong!

No comments:

Post a Comment